Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Shutting the Door on Bonita Brown

While I do have to admit that after Brady was forced out excuse me, I meant, left on schedule as anticipated, Bonita Brown took on a sense of humility that I would never have believed possible for her. I'm not saying she was humble, I'm just saying the fact that she would be anything but her typical haughty, condescending, bullying self, even for a moment - even in her own self-interest - was surprising.

I think she could probably sense the end of her reign as an untouchable member of the Brady bunch and her self preservation instincts were kicking in.

Needless to say, that hardly led me to forgive her for her behavior nor to admire her character. It's easy enough to play nice when you see yourself on the line, I reserve respect for those who do good when they don't have to.

In any case, her past behavior had put her on the UNCG Least Wanted list and any pandering she may have done to try to pull herself up out of the muck wasn't enough to take her off of it. She has been instrumental in creating the authoritarian culture that Brady created as her legacy, acting more as an attack dog than anything else. We could have saved the state a fair amount of money by hiring a bouncer and a Doberman - and at least the Doberman would have been acting selflessly.

Word going around is that she is finally showing herself the door and I've always been an optimist, so I hope it's true.

I'm going to go ahead and turn down my music so I can hear it slam shut behind her.


No comments:

Post a Comment